Since 2018 Fight the Fakes, first as a campaign and now as an Alliance, has celebrated its annual Fight the Fakes Week to raise awareness about the dangers of substandard and falsified medicines among allies, members, key global health stakeholders, and the wider public.
During 2022 Fight the Fakes Week, Fight the Fakes’ founding member the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations partnered with its Africa-based sister associations to facilitate a discussion on the importance of multi-stakeholder collaboration and appropriate legislative frameworks in curbing the threat of substandard and falsified medicines.
This event was translated in French and English.
Replay our Fight the Fakes Week webinar!
*Recording in French.
13:00 ¦ Welcome Remarks
13:05 ¦ Issue overview – intro presentation
- Richard Neci Cizungu, Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network (EPN)
13:15 ¦ Moderated discussion
- Moustafa Mijiyawa, Ministre de la Santé, de l’Hygiène Publique et de l’Accès Universel aux Soins, Togo
- Karen Kramer, Senior Drug Control and Crime Prevention Officer, Global Programme for Strengthening Capacities of Member States to Prevent and Combat Transnational Organized and Serious Crime (GPTOC), UNODC
- Fred Muwema, Anti counterfeit network Africa
- Richard Amalvy, Brazzaville Foundation
- Winnie NGANGA, Chairman, KAPI
- Fight the Fakes Alliance Representative
14:00 ¦ Conclusion