We are organizing a flagship online event on 7 December 2023 to mark Fight the Fakes Week taking place from 4th to 10th December 2023. This week-long event presents a significant opportunity for us to come together and raise awareness about the pressing issue of substandard and falsified medicines.
Under the theme of ‘Africa Together Against Substandard and Falsified Medicines‘ and the Call to Action ‘Africa – Speak Up – Stand Up’, we aim to unite our efforts and strengthen our collective impact in combating this critical problem.
Why? Because in sub-Saharan Africa alone, an estimated half a million lives are lost every year due to the prevalence of substandard and falsified medicines.
– Michel Sidibe, African Union Special Envoy for the African Medicines Agency
– Oscar Alarcón Jiménez, Executive Secretary, Committee of the Parties to the MEDICRIME Convention, Council of Europe
– Prof. Cyril Odianose Usifoh, University of Benin, Nigeria
– Richard Neci Cizungu, Executive Director, Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network
– Adesanya Oluwaseun Adedotun, Assistant Director of the Drug Division in the Post Market Surveillance DGO NAFDAC, WHO Focal Point for Substandard and Falsified Medical Products, Goodwill Ambassador of Fight the Fakes Alliance
– Cecilia Fant, Former Director EMEA, The Pharmaceutical Security Institute
– Noha Abdelaziz, Teaching Assistant, New Giza University and Fight the Fakes Chapter
– Oksana Pyzik, Pharmacist & Lecturer/Global Engagement Lead at the UCL School of Pharmacy, Fight the Fakes Academic Chair (moderator)
… and more to be confirmed soon!
Learn more about this year’s Fight the Fakes Week and plan from our dedicated page: https://fightthefakes.org/fight-the-fakes-week-4-10-december-2023/ where you will also find a list of suggested actions you can organise. A communication toolkit will also be made available on the same page soon!
Share this invitation with your community and don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need more information! Thank you for your continued support and dedication.