AMR is considered one of the top 10 global public health threats to humanity. Among the causes of AMR is the misuse and overuse of antimicrobials, the constrained access to quality, affordable medicines, vaccines and diagnostics, and falsified or substandard antibiotics. Today the dangers of falsified & substandard products related to COVID-19, such as vaccines and diagnostics, but also the misuse of antibiotics for treating complications related to COVID-19 is exacerbating the global health burden.
This year, World Antimicrobial Awareness Week will take place on 18-24 November under the following slogan: ‘Spread Awareness, Stop Resistance’.
To contribute to raising awareness about antimicrobial resistance and the risks of substandard and fake medicines, Fight the Fakes is joining forces with its member U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) to discuss the issue of fake and substandard medicines as well as the possible solutions through the #StopFakeMeds live Twitter chat!
Join the conversation on 18 November 2021 at 10am EST and 4pm CET!
Instructions to join the Twitter Chat:
- Look for our live Twitter chat’s hashtag #StopFakeMeds on Twitter and select ‘latest’.
- You can respond to the questions the host (@USPharmacopeia) tweets, in three ways:
- By answering/ commenting in the post thread;
- By doing a quote retweet;
- By posting your own post and adding the question number you are referring to (e.g.,Q1 – A1 + your response) and adding #StopFakeMeds – this will facilitate other users seeing your response and following the conversation.
- Tag @FightTheFakes and @USPharmacopeia
According to @UN #AntimicrobialResistance is a global #health emergency! #DYK that it’s also fueled by substandard & #fakemeds?
Join @FightTheFakes & @USPharmacopeia #StopFakeMeds Twitter chat to discuss more during #WAAW2021
More info here: https://fightthefakes.org/join-our-stopfakemeds-twitter-chat/
Don't miss our live Twitter chat!