Every year our founding member IFPW Foundation organises its central fundraising event, thanks to which also the mission of Fight the Fakes is being supported! This year the benefit will take place online which means that you too can participate to learn more about the initiatives that IFPW Foundation is committed to.
Proceeds will directly support the continuation of global efforts by the IFPW Foundation to improve access to safe and effective medicines and vaccines through existing and new partners, under the theme “Bridging Global Health Supply Chains & The Private Sector, Through Innovation & Efficient Distribution Solutions”. The event will take place during the World Immunization Week – which aims to promote the use of vaccines to protect people of all ages against disease – to highlight the key role of IFPW in ensuring vaccines reach patients, particularly the underserved, across the world.
The IFPW 2021 Virtual Benefit will raise funds for several critical global activities, among which for the collaborations with Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance, the Virtual STEP Leadership (vSTEP), COVID Vaccine Planning & Leadership, and last but not least the Fight the Fakes Alliance. These proceeds will help in particular with the following:
- Proceeds will directly support the continuation of global efforts by the Support expanded collaborations with GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance (including the STEP leadership course) to strengthen health systems, improve supply chain effectiveness and increase availability of vaccines, with particular focus on COVID vaccinations.
Continue the important work of the Fight the Fakes Alliance against falsified medicines and substandard medical products.
Expand awareness of and familiarity with global health agendas, priorities and entities; creating opportunities for the private sector to directly participate in meaningful initiatives.
- Represent the pharmaceutical distribution sector within the global health community, as well as raise awareness around the industry’s capabilities and current contributions to healthcare delivery.
There are also interesting sponsorship opportunities, have a look at the Sponsorship Prospectus here!
- 9:00 ET (15:00 CET) Welcome and Event Overview
- 9:15 ET (15:15 CET) A Fireside CEO Chat featuring Steve Collis, AmerisourceBergen & Len Schleifer, Regeneron
- 10:00 ET (16:00 CET) McKesson Vaccine Distribution Collaboration Panel featuring Gene Cavacini and Shawn Seamans, McKesson Corp., Grant Cochrane, Fedex, Kevin Kettler, McKesson EU, and industry leaders.
- 10:45 ET (16:45 CET) Gavi – COVAX, Impact on Routine Immunizations & Future Pandemics featuring Seth Berkeley, CEO, Gavi the Vaccine Alliance
- 11:00 ET (17:00 CET) Fight the Fakes Alliance Against Falsified and Substandard Medicines.
- 9:00 ET (15:00 CET) Gavi Opportunities & Collaborations featuring Anuradha Gupta, Deputy CEO, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- 9:45 ET (15:45 CET) Member Pledges to Gavi 5.0
- 10:00 ET (16:00 CET) STEP: Bridging Private & Public Sector Supply Chains
- 10:30 ET (16:30 CET) Accomplishments & Expressions of Gratitude