🗣️Reporting is crucial to find how many #fakemeds are out there 💊 Learn more -> FightTheFakes.org
Falsified medicines pose a serious health threat for individuals around the world, no matter the country, age or gender. With them come vast financial and socioeconomic costs that make fake medicines an undeniable roadblock in achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) by 2030.
But there are opportunities that patients, governments, NGOs and other stakeholders should take into account in the fight against falsified medicines. These opportunities come from the young digital savvys of our time.
Register to our WHA72 youth side event called
“DIGITAL NATIVES FIGHT FAKE MEDICINES”
Monday, 20 May 2019
14:00 – 16:00 CEST
7-9 Chemin du Petit-Saconnex
1209 Genève, Switzerland
Our high-level debate will bring together inspiring leaders from across all sectors & includes:
- Adebayo Alonge, a pharmacist & co-founder of start-up RxAll
- Raja Sharif, CEO of FarmaTrust
- Israel Bimpe, the head of the National Implementation team of Zipline in Rwanda
- Cyntia Genolet, Head of Health Systems & Africa policy, responsible for the anti-counterfeiting portfolio at International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA),
- Catherine Duggan, CEO of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
- Ms Pernette Bourdillon Esteve, Medicines Quality Team at the WHO
- Dr Paulyne Wairimu, Pharmacy and Poisons Board, Kenya
- Edward Kelley, Director, Patient Safety Programme, WHO
- Prof Serge Rudaz, University of Geneva
- Maryam Jetha, student, UCL School of Pharmacy
- and other young tech innovators. More names will be confirmed very soon!
Moderated by Oksana Pyzik, Senior Teaching Fellow, Practice & Policy, UCL School of Pharmacy.
Refreshments will be provided during the event. See you there!