#Fakemeds put patients at risk of further illness, disability or even death ❗️ Read more on FightTheFakes.org
Counterfeit medicines are unsafe and ineffective.
The World Health Professions Alliance (WHPA) works to address the growing threat of counterfeit medicines to patient safety and public health.
Included in their toolkit for healthcare professionals you will find:
- An overview of the situation on counterfeit medicines and the role of healthcare professionals (HPCs)
- A model report for HPCs who wish to report an incident of counterfeit medicines
- A visual inspection checklist for medicines
- An information leaflet for colleagues
- An information leaflet for patients
- A poster to be hung in health centres
To access the toolkit click on the image above. For more information about how the WHPA fights fake medicines, visit their website.